Spring Blossoms
Alhamdulillah, I’m so very happy these days and I’m not too sure why. It could be the weather mind you, it kinda makes you wanna skip around when no one’s looking… or even when people are looking. Not really a big deal. :P *skip, skip*
But I think it’s mostly that I’m just satisfied, and satisfaction is a wonderful feeling! I was speaking to a friend the other day who just turned 30 mashaAllah. She was telling us how on the day before her birthday, she woke up and proclaimed to her family, “Okay everyone, this is the last day, anyone in this house is in their twenties.”
Hahahha sounds gloomy doesn’t it? But then her mom chirped in, saying the thirties are the best time of your life! So then we got into a discussion of how everyone in their thirties are happy campers, and MOST really do claim it to be the best time of their lives. I’m sure each and every one of us have met people that have said the same thing, and I think mostly it’s because by that time, you know more of who you are, what you want, what you like/dislike, and where you wanna go from here. Even being 24, I’m a lot more comfortable in my shoes than last year, the year before, and the year before that. (With no relation to the previous post of course). And perhaps that’s just why I’m so happy. I used to torture myself for swaying more towards mediocrity than my big dreams, but I’ve given up my pride enough to realize now more than ever that success comes at a snail pace, and I’m ready and willing to take the slow ride; Even better, I’m looking forward to it!! And I’m so much more relaxed about everything alhamdulillah, despite continuous chaos. It’s not that I’ve tuned it all out and put it on the backburner, but moreso, I’m prioritizing and choosing my battles. I know what I want and that’s what I’m gonna work hard for. Sometimes I think it might be a little selfish when you’re still trying to balance relationships and make everything meld into one workable image, regardless if that workable image is merely a euphoric unachievable fantasy. But alhamdulillah, I’m comfortable enough with myself right now that I’m willing to try and attain the unattainable – that fantasy mold, knowing very well the reality of it being one rough ride. Thank God for lows that raise you higher, and highs that, well, make you high.
I’m 24 people, and I’m loving it! Who woulda thought.

<< Home